Tuesday, March 19, 2013

BERRY KUCHEN


BERRY KUCHEN-I am very excited  about my first post on this blog.  I have a food blog in Spanish that is almost three years old. It’s called  “Recetas y Condimentos”,  but this  is my new baby and it’s a real challenge for me. Celebrating this new beginning I want to share with  you  a kuchen recipe that’s very common in the southern part of Chile. It is a German cake with fruit and cream and I hope  you’ll enjoy it very much.
I made this kuchen with a mix of blueberries, blackberries and raspberries, but if you want, you can make it with only one kind.

For the cake :

¾ stick butter
2 eggs
½ cup sugar
1 ¼ cup flour
2 heaped tbsp of cornstarch
 1 tsp baking powder
 Grated lemon rind

For the cream:

1 pound of berries
1 ½ cups of milk
2 tbsp of flour
4 tbsp of sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup of cream
Cream butter and sugar; beat in the eggs one at a time until the mixture is fluffy.
Add dry ingredients sifted together, and the grated lemon rind.
Bake in a pan that’s aprox. 11 inches in diameter, in a moderate oven at 350F for 15 to 20 minutes.
Wash and dry the berries and mix with 2 tablespoons of sugar. Set aside.
For the cream, stir 6 tbsp milk into the flour. Set aside.
Warm the remaining milk with the sugar, before it reaches a boiling point add the milk with the flour and cook for 1 minute.
Add the vanilla extract. Set aside.
Once it cools down add the cup of cream.

Spread the berries and the cream over the cake. Bake for another 20 minutes.
Cool before serving.
Enjoy.








No comments:

Post a Comment